Blogger Helen Ang reviewed former federal minister Zainuddin Maidin’s recent blog entry titled: ‘Umno mestilah menerima hakikat bahawa MCA telah mati, Mahathir lihat DAP sebagai pengganti’ (Umno must accept the fact that MCA was dead, Mahathir sees DAP as the alternate).
Her views were following:
- Zainuddin Maidin believes MCA is finished (“sudah hancur lebur berkarat”) and that DAP is currently the voice of the Chinese (“sebenarnya DAP telah menggantikan MCA sebagai wakil orang Cina “).
- This means the old communal formula for power sharing between the races is effectively dead, at least insofar as the continued viability of the BN is concerned.
- Zam believes Tun Mahathir will be able to resurrect the BN “racial unity” pact through his party’s cooperation with the DAP (“Mahathir akan bekerjasama dengan Pakatan Harapan [PKR, Amanah dan DAP] bagi memulihkan perpaduan pembangkang”).
- Zam is under the assumption that any coalition seeking to rule Malaysia must necessarily have, as its foundation, the Ali-Ah Chong-Muthu race formula pioneered by Tunku’s Alliance.
Therefore, if the Umno-MCA combo is no longer workable due to the MCA’s terminal condition, then the tried-and-tested race formula must be rehashed using the same measurements. Except that this time the replacement ingredients are Tun’s Malay party (replacing Umno) hooking up with DAP (Chinese party replacing MCA).
- What Zam is offering up, i.e. Pribumi+DAP, is Option A. In short, Zam sees Tun’s party+DAP = refreshed Ali-Ah Chong formula
- There’s always Plan B. Umno teaming up with PAS (and the Sarawak BN parties) have got enough numbers to retain Putrajaya.
- The death of MCA does not automatically open the door wide for the DAP to move in and co-govern Malaysia as our country’s Chinese rep and as the new partner of the Malay majority.
- Umno has the alternative choice of opening the door to PAS, slamming the door in the DAP’s face and allowing MCA to die a natural death.
- Zam still harbours an outdated mindset that the ruling party must be Ali-Ah Chong-and-Muthu in the form of Umno Lagi Baru and Parti Yang Segan Mengaku Cina.
- Zam’s idea is to swap VHS with Betamax (or Betamax with VHS) but keeping to the same format.
Actually there is no need at all to stick to an obsolete format.
The obsolete cassette tape was replaced with CD. The obsolete CD was replaced with MP3. When one day MP3 becomes obsolete, it will be replaced with some other new technology.
Unlike Zam’s option of replacing one with the same format (VHS, Betamax), Plan B allows a total changing of formats. Cassette tape, CD and MP3 all belong to entirely different music delivery formats.
History tells us that Option A failed while Plan B worked … Read More
Source: Helen Ang’s Blog