Sabah impose ‘no-entry’ for Selva Kumar

 |Feb 7, 2017
Selva Kumar Subbiah - pix creditToronto Star / Steve Russell.
Selva Kumar Subbiah – pix creditToronto Star / Steve Russell.

Sabah Chief Minister Musa Aman has issued a statement that convicted Malaysian serial rapist S.Selva Kumar will be barred from entering Sabah.

Describing Selva Kumar as a “high risk individual,” Musa said that the state decided to declare him persona non grata as he could pose a danger to the public, especially women and children, The Star Online reported.

Selva Kumar, who was convicted of drugging and sexually assaulting dozens of women in the late 1980s and early 1990s while posing as a modelling agent, movie producer and professional dancer, has been deported to Malaysia after serving his prison sentence in Canada.

“We just cannot take the risk of having such a potentially dangerous individual on the loose. We must protect our citizens,” said Musa in a statement on Tuesday.

He said the directive to bar Selva Kumar had been issued to the state Immigration Department and would be enforced with immediate effect.

 

SHARE