RM1m allotted to face high tide risks in Perak

Oct 15, 2016
Perak MB Zambry Abd Kadir has announced his state government allotment of RM1 million to face the risk of floods due to the high-tide phenomenon in the state.
Perak MB Zambry Abd Kadir has announced his state government allotment of RM1 million to face the risk of floods due to the high-tide phenomenon in the state.

The Perak government has allocated RM1 million to face the risk of floods due to the high-tide phenomenon which is expected to hit the state this weekend.

Menteri Besar Zambry Abd Kadir said the allocation had been channelled through the flood disaster fund and would be distributed to the flood-prone areas, including Hutan Melintang, Manjung and Kerian.

As precautionary measures, among others, he said, the responsible bodies had been asked to repair damaged bunds, especially in low lying areas.

“Besides that, the Irrigation and Drainage Department has ensured that inundated bunds are slightly elevated, especially in Bagan Datoh and Panchor,” he told reporters after handing over land titles to 82 families from 12 villages near Manjung, here, today.

In separate matter, Zambry warned poultry farmers to clean up their premises to avoid fly problems, saying that the authorities would close down their premises if the warning was ignored.

“It has been years that we have given out advice, warnings and held discussions to avoid this problem, but it still does not work out,” he said when asked to comment on the long-standing fly issue in Segari near Lumut.

SHARE