MELBOURNE: Some 275,000 sparkly iPhone cases have been recalled after consumers sustained burns and blisters when their skin came into contact with fluid leaking from cracks in the coverings.
The affected cases were sold throughout Victoria’s Secret stores in the United States, Canada and Mexico and online via Amazon and GetMixBin.com.
The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission issued the warning last Tuesday and by Thursday, local Victoria’s Secret stores had removed cases containing liquid and glitter from shelves.
Authorities in the US said there have been “24 reports worldwide of skin irritation or chemical burns, including 19 in the US”.
Consumers were advised that if they came into contact with the liquid glitter, to immediately wash affected areas with warm soapy water and seek medical attention if irritation continues.
Consumers were also told to immediately stop using the recalled cases and contact MixBin Electronics for a full refund.