Malaysia today condemned the terror attacks in central London where six people had been reported killed.
Prime Minister Najib Razak said he was devastated by the incident.
“I am shocked and disgusted. Malaysia condemns such heinous acts and we stand with the people of Britain,” Najib said in his latest tweet today.
International media reported at least six people were killed in a coordinated terror attack at London Bridge and Borough Market in central London late Saturday night.
Three suspects were shot dead by the police.
The attack comes nearly two weeks after a suicide bomber killed at least 22 people in a concert at the Manchester Arena in Manchester.
Meanwhile, no Malaysians were reported involved in the terror attack.
In confirming this in a statement here today, the Foreign Ministry said it was closely monitoring the incident with the local authorities.
It also advised Malaysians residing around the affected areas to remain vigilant and follow the instructions given by local authorities.
“The Malaysian High Commision in London is in close contact with the local authorities and currently providing timely updates to the Malaysian community in the city over the incident,” the statement said.
The ministry said Malaysians requiring emergency assistance or further information could contact the High Commission at +44 (0) 207 242 4308 or email to [email protected]
The foreign ministry also conveyed its deepest sympathies and condolences to the families of the victims of the incident. –Bernama