KUALA LUMPUR: No raids were conducted by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) on the office of Selangor Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali on Wednesday, said MACC chief commissioner Tan Sri Dzulkifli Ahmad.
However, he said, the MACC had gone to the premises of five companies including a legal firm to help in the investigations connected to land in Ijok, Kuala Selangor.
“I do not know what is the source of the news. Actually, there was no raid conducted on the office of the Menteri Besar or any government office.
“Acting on new information we obtained, the MACC went to five companies including a law firm and confiscated documents which were needed to help us in our investigations. So far, that is the action we have taken. So the raid on the Menteri Besar’s office is all fake news,” he told reporters here yesterday.
Earlier, Dzulkifli attended a meeting of the MACC Advisory Board which was chaired by Tan Sri Tunku Abdul Aziz Tunku Ibrahim.
Dzulkifli said the MACC investigating officers will study the confiscated documents and take appropriate action.
It was previously reported that the Selangor Government had returned land in Ijok to two development companies which later sold it to a third party at market price amounting to RM1.18 billion, while the compensation given to the settlers was only about RM420 million. — Bernama