Prompt response results in removal of news portal report, says Health DG

Sep 3, 2017

PETALING JAYA: The Health Ministry’s prompt response in addressing a report on Singapore news portal, theindependent.sg has resulted in the post being taken down.

Health director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah, in a Facebook posting, said:

“Our prompt response debunking fallacies have resulted in an otherwise arrogant singaporean portal (independent.sg initially defended their posting and blocked Malaysian IPs from entering their page) now retracted their post with apology.

“Thank you to all Malaysians who supported and stand tall with MOH. Rising Together to defend our pride and nation. #Negaraku #bangkitbersama.”

Earlier, the news portal had taken down its report regarding the hit-and-run accident involving Singaporean Justinian Tan.

The page of the article was replaced with a notice saying: “We’re Sorry!”.

It also apologised to the parties concerned for anguish and distress the incident had caused.

Bernama, had on Saturday, reported that Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr S. Subramaniam as saying it would submit an official letter to the Singapore Government on dissatisfaction over the report.

It had been alleged that there was slow response time of up to 30 minutes by an ambulance from the Sultanah Aminah Hospital (HSA), following the fatal road crash involving the 25-year-old on Aug 25.

The report also claimed that HSA had demanded a sum of deposit from the victim’s family before treating the patient.

Dr Subramaniam also condemned the irresponsible action of the news portal as “the facts in the report were baseless.”